Irrational Games is a video game developer founded in 1997 by three former employees of Looking Glass Studios: Ken Levine, Jonathan Chey, and Robert Fermier as Irrational Games. On January 9, 2006, Take-Two Interactive announced that they had purchased Irrational, and would publish their games under the 2K Games label. At its largest point Irrational had two studios, one in Quincy, Massachusetts, USA just outside Boston and the other in Canberra, Australia.
- 2K Australia Pty. Ltd. was part of Irrational Games for a brief period of time before splitting off.
- In 2006, Irrational Games was acquired by Take-Two Interactive.
- In 2007, Irrational Games changed their name to 2K Boston, Inc.
- In 2010, 2K Boston, Inc. reverted back to their old name Irrational Games.
- In February 2017, Irrational Games changed their name to Ghost Story Games.