Note: Pursuit of Glory is a stand-alone sequel that puts the focus on the Middle East during WWI.
Online Play: Wargameroom (real-time).
- 1999: Charles S. Roberts awards for Best Pre-World War II Boardgame.
- 2000: International Gamers Award.
- 2001: Games Magazine Games 100 Best Historical Simulation Game
- Level - Strategic
- Location - Europe + Near East
- Timeline - World War I
- 1 Turn = 3 months
- Campaign - 20 Turns / Scenarios - between 3 and 10 Turns
- Point-to-Point map
- Map style - Historical
- Battle area - Europe + Near East
- Construction - Paper map
- Table area (22" x 34" + place for reference sheets and counters)
- Unit size range - Armies, Corps
- Counter size - 5/8", 1/2"
- Rules length - Medium (21 pages of core rules)
- Rules complexity - Medium
- Combat resolution system - Dice with a CRT table
- Programmed-instructions for learning - Shorter scenarios available
- Team-play per side - No
- Solitaire suitability - high